Our drive for a fitter future is not just about producing the best Activewear, it's also about ensuring that our communities, planet and environment are healthy too.
We love Activewear and what we do but we're also aware of the impact that the industry as a whole can have on the environment. We take our responsibility as designers and producers of fashion seriously and work to be as sustainable and eco conscious as possible while always working to reduce our carbon footprint. We're working hard to source and implement new and improved initiatives in this space, and we recognise that this will (and should) be on-going. That's why we are constantly reviewing and auditing our suppliers, internal procedures and practices to identify and action where we can do better.
BECAUSE THERE IS NO PLANET B
We love our planet and know that our commitment to you involves making sure that our environment, animals, oceans, waterways and communities are healthy too!
We believe in walking the talk, so everything we do starts in our own backyard.
- While coffee and smoothies are a favourite to power our team, our office and warehouse are solar powered thanks to our extensive solar farm.
- We compost our kitchen leftovers and recycle our café coffee grounds to keep our herbs, plants and grounds fed and needing less water to be happy and healthy (as well as reduce waste and greenhouse emissions of course)
- From 1st January 2019 our HQ Nourish Café is 100% disposable coffee cup free and ceased selling plastic bottle water in 2018. So, don't forget to BYO if you come to visit!
- Our Warehouse reuse, repurpose and recycle as much packaging as possible, including soft plastics and cardboard.
- Our boxes are made out of recycled materials and are reused across the business.
- We reduce waste, limit printing, recycle and reuse paper and office supplies.
- Our professional printing uses soy based inks, water based varnish, chlorine free pulps and are have FSC and ISO credentials in environmental sustainability as well as Responsible Forestry Practices
- We keep unnecessary trucks off the roads, reducing emissions by shipping to our stores direct from our manufacturer.
WHERE YOUR ACTIVEWEAR COMES FROMRESPONSIBLE SOURCING
Many apparel businesses utilise multiple factories that are owned by different companies to manufacture their products based purely on cost, quality or speed of manufacture.
As Lorna Jane expanded, we reasoned that having one principal source of production would enable us to make products our way in terms of working conditions, quality and brand understanding. We have built a long-term partnership with one dedicated and ethical Australian-owned and managed manufacturing group that solely produces Lorna Jane products.
It matters to us that our manufacturing source reflects who we are as a brand. We have developed a Code of Conduct for our suppliers and by working with us, the supplier commits to working proactively to meet these requirements within its operations and its supply chain.
Lorna Jane's manufacturing partner, is a WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) certified business.
WRAP is an independent, non-profit, objective team of global compliance experts dedicated to promoting safe, lawful, humane and ethical manufacturing around the world. WRAP conduct the largest independent factory accreditation program in the world that is based on twelve principles and the conventions of the International Labour Organisation:
- 1. Compliance with Laws and Workplace Relations
- 2. Prohibition of Forced Labour
- 3. Prohibition of Child Labour
- 4. Prohibition of Harassment or Abuse
- 5. Compensation and Benefits
- 6. Hours of Work
- 7. Prohibition of Discrimination
- 8. Health and Safety
- 9. Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
- 10. Environment
- 11. Customs Compliance
- 12. Security
OUR PRODUCTSWE DON'T DO DISPOSABLE
We refuse to compromise on quality. Which means that not only are you getting the very best Activewear when you choose Lorna Jane, but you're also investing in garments that will actually look amazing and retain their fit for longer. With fewer clothes going to landfill you'll reduce your carbon footprint and by shopping quality clothing, you'll reduce the amount of 'disposable' fashion being manufactured (as well as save money)!
WE DESIGN FOR YOUR ACTIVE LIFE, NOT JUST YOUR WORKOUTS
The versatility of our designs means that you can wear them for more than just your workouts. Wearing Lorna Jane effectively allows you to do more with less because you are investing in Activewear pieces that you can wear Everywhere.
We also ensure that looking after your Activewear is as eco-conscious as possible.
Many of our fabrics contain recycled materials and we source recycled, reusable, biodegradable materials wherever possible.
And because our garments look good (like forever!) we also encourage our customers to recycle or donate any unwanted products rather than just disposing of them.
Designing and producing amazing Activewear to motivate people to be more active is one thing… but we also invest in our community by providing education and inspiration as well as opportunities be active, motivate one another and connect as a community in our shared vision for a fitter future.
Some of our key community initiatives are:
- Active Nation Day
- Fit Friday
- The Active Schools Program
- The Active Living Program
- The Lorna Jane App
- Lorna Jane Ambassador Program